Maintenance Technician II
SPS is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its fast-growing team. The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for facilities and maintenance of their assigned community. They will be performing a variety of tasks including: audits, electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Maintenance Technicians diagnose problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. They will achieve this through a focus on completing work in a timely, effective, and efficient manner, with quality craftsmanship, while managing positive relationships with residents.
- Represent and promote the Core Values of SPS.
- Maintain the Community’s appearance to SPS standards.
- Model a high-quality standard for performance, personal appearance and craftsmanship.
- Conscientious about developing and maintaining vendor and resident relationships.
- Diagnose routine maintenance requests and replace or repair parts/systems including (but not limited to) the following:
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios and railings
- Tile, carpet and flooring
- Roofing and gutters
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Doors, windows, locks (electronic and mechanical), garage doors, etc.
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Complete all resident and Community service requests within 24hrs of receipt.
- Update service request records and make ready status within property management software.
- Responsible for responding quickly to afterhours on call emergencies and summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
- Complete daily groundskeeping routines to ensure property cleanliness and curb appeal.
- Complete monthly and annual preventative maintenance plans.
- Audit and monitor the community security systems, lighting, fire extinguishers, elevators, etc.
- Assist in the management of vendors / subcontractors and report quality of work concerns as they arise.
- Enforce all rules and regulations for the Community.
- Self-starter, capable of prioritizing and managing multiple unique projects concurrently.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth/development.
- Other functions, projects and tasks as designated by the Property Manager.
- High School Degree required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in apartment maintenance.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Required to have reliable transportation with proof of insurance to and from office and/or property site(s).
- Physical requirement of stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, superior problem-solving skills, and positive attitude are musts.
- Experience managing employee performance, training, and working with vendors or subcontractors.