Maintenance Technician I
SPS is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its fast-growing team. The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for facilities and maintenance of their assigned community. They will be performing a variety of tasks including: audits, electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Maintenance Technicians assist in diagnosing problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. They will achieve this through a focus on completing work in a timely, effective, and efficient manner, with quality craftsmanship, while managing positive relationships with residents.
- Represent and promote the Core Values of SPS.
- Maintain the Community’s appearance to SPS standards.
- Model a high-quality standard for performance, personal appearance and craftsmanship.
- Conscientious about developing and maintaining vendor and resident relationships.
- Diagnose routine maintenance requests and replace or repair parts/systems including (but not limited to):
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems (with certified technician)
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios and railings
- Tile, carpet and flooring
- Roofing and gutters
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Doors, windows, locks (electronic and mechanical), garage doors, etc.
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Complete all resident and Community service requests within 24hrs of receipt.
- Update service request records and make ready status within property management software.
- Responsible for responding quickly to afterhours on call emergencies and summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
- Complete daily groundskeeping routines to ensure property cleanliness and curb appeal.
- Complete monthly and annual preventative maintenance plans.
- Report vendor / subcontractor quality of work concerns as they arise.
- Enforce rules and regulations for the Community.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth/development.
- Other functions, projects and tasks as designated by the Property Manager.
- High School Degree required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in apartment maintenance.
- HVAC Certification is a plus.
- Required to have reliable transportation with proof of insurance to and from office and/or property site(s).
- Physical requirement of stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, superior problem-solving skills, and positive attitude are musts.
- Experience managing employee performance, training, and working with vendors or subcontractors.